STEM Innovation Specialist – Teacher
STEM Innovation Specialist – Teacher – Open Position
The primary function of this position is to plan, organize and implement appropriate instructional practices and strategies to develop both staff and students’ skills in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) through curriculum school wide.
Reports directly to the Director of Education
School Year Schedule + Summer ESY (11 Months) – 7.5 hrs./day
- Master’s degree in special education, with an emphasis on Technology, required.
- PA Special Education Certification (Instructional II) required.
- PA Teacher Certification in STEM or Education Technology required.
- A minimum of 5 yrs. experience working as an educator in a Special Education classroom setting.
- Minimum of 2 yrs. experience working with STEM Curriculum in the classroom.
- Minimum of 2 yrs. Experience working with students who may have significant social, behavioral, and emotional needs.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be highly proficient in the development of lesson plans and instructional materials, using differentiated instruction designed to meet the learning needs of each Pathway students.
- Must be highly proficient in working with IEP’s in alignment with the PA Department of Education.
- Must be able to work with design materials, such as, wooden blocks, cardboard, glue, paper, scissors, Playdoh and Lego – basically any objects that students can use to construct and build structures.
- Must have a working knowledge of 3D Model Creation Software and 3D Printers (Paint3D, Blender and Tinkercard).
- Must be able to work with clickable technology such as robotics. An understanding of robotics coding is important.
- Knowledge of how to create virtual spaces with VR and AR tools.
- Must comply with Act 168 and submit a completed Sexual Misconduct Form.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory PA criminal background check, Child Abuse & FBI clearances and pass a drug test, as well as a TB Test.
- Must be able and willing to drive and have a valid PA driver’s license.
This position requires a high level of energy. Physical activities can include both sitting and standing for long periods of time, lifting, climbing, bending/stooping, grasping and pulling. Must have full range of motion to provide possible emergency care and/or administer effective/safe CPI techniques. This position requires walking and could include working in both an indoor environment as well as an outdoor environment (cold/hot).
- Develops and administers STEM curriculum consistent with the PA Curriculum, goals, and objectives, K-12.
- Leads classrooms/students in experiments, investigations, and explorations of STEM concepts. Encourages students to develop a curiosity about their world and the ability to seek out answers by gaining an understanding of STEM concepts.
- Delivers STEM instruction through project-based learning methods and collaborates with a dynamic team of educators to provide STEM related experiences.
- Facilitates developmentally appropriate STEM learning activities, experiences and assessments to foster intellectual, physical and social growth.
- Engage students in activities of Scientific Argumentation, Scientific Inquiry, Scientific Innovation, Scientific Collaboration, Scientific Thinking, and Scientific Literacy.
- Facilitates hands-on experiments and projects that allow students to learn by doing and exploring.
- Implements a rich array of instructional methods, the analysis and use of data and technology to improve instruction, and the ability to build professional relationships, solve problems, and plan collaboratively.
- Applies science and/or math content knowledge, formative assessment, and technology integration.
- Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs.
- Organizes, develops, and coordinates special STEM events and/or activities.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction.
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning and progress, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student’s needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Collects and analyzes data to drive future instruction.
- Attends, and constructively contributes to, staff meetings.
- Coordinates class activities as deemed necessary. Stays educationally informed through continual professional study and by attending workshops and conferences.
- Performs related duties, special assignments and projects as requested consistent with the functions of the department and job description, which he/she is qualified to perform.
How To Apply
Apply at Get.Hired@nightowlprod.net. Please indicate the Job Posting that you are applying to by providing HR with the Job Title in your email. If you are being referred by a Pathway employee, please indicate who referred you.
It is the policy of The Pathway School to provide equal opportunity in all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or the presence of any disability.
We're excited to share our 2022-2023 Annual Philanthropy Report with you, and we are once again offering the report electronically to make it easier for you to access this important information. If you would like to receive a printed copy, we would...
At The Pathway School, innovation and creativity take center stage in our Theatre Arts Program. Spearheaded by Theatre Arts Coordinator, Mr. Pryor, our students have embarked on an exciting adventure creating their own adaptations of plays, adding...
The Pathway School’s 2022-2023 school year was nothing short of epic. Our students and staff went above and beyond to make this year extraordinary – let’s take a trip down memory lane to recap this past year. The year started off with a bang with...
Learn more about The Pathway School
The mission of The Pathway School is to build academic, social, and life skills in students with special needs to promote their success and independence after Pathway.